Small Business Support Program
The Minority Construction Council looks to extend its Technical Assistance services to aid the growth of new and existing Small Businesses in the construction industry.
Governor Ned Lamont recently announced the Minority Construction Council (MCC) will be awarded $1 million in grant funding, over the next five years, through a business support initiative administered by the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD).
The Minority Construction Council, Inc. will provide a comprehensive package of technical assistance services to support and sustain new and/or reemerging (post-pandemic) Minority Business Enterprises (MBE). Services will support underserved businesses in all stages of development with at least fifty percent (50%) of the funding directed to small minority, woman, disabled, and veteran-owned businesses and other businesses located in distressed municipalities. The principal beneficiaries will be small minority businesses in the construction industries and others doing business or trying to do business in several major population centers in Connecticut. Those areas are Greater Bridgeport, Waterbury, New London, Norwich, and New Britain.
Technical Assistance Services
We provide virtual and in person 1:1 counseling service in which we guide you step by step through each of the following:
- CT Department of Administrative Services MBE Certification
- CT Department of Transportation DBE Certification
- City of Hartford MBE Certification
- CT DAS Prequalification Program
- DBE Certification & Interstate Certification
- DUN & Bradstreet Registration
- System for Award Management Registration
- SBA Registration
- AIA Payment Application
- Business Registration
- Bid Preparation and Submission Assistance
- HUBZONE Certification
- Section 3 Certification
- 8a Certification
Webinars and Outreach Events
- Designation Webinars
- CT DAS Construction Prequalification Webinars
- Designation Outreach Events