Aging in Place Place Safely Grant Program
Thank you for your interest in the Aging in Place Safely Grant Program. The program is designed to keep our seniors Happy, Healthy and Whole!
Grant Applications are now open and will be received through December 8, 2023.
The Aging in Place Safely Grant will assist Seniors who live in the following areas with minor home repairs up to $5,000: Bloomfield, East Hartford, Hartford, West Hartford and Windsor.
Grant Eligibility Requirements:
To be eligible for the grant, you must meet the requirements listed below as well as submit the following documentation as proof of your eligibility:
- All household members must be 65 years old or older
- Household must have only 1-2 Seniors living in the home
- Have proof of Annual Income (1 Senior – $39,761 | 2 Seniors – $51,996)
- Have proof of home ownership (ex: Deed, Mortgage Statement, Current Home Tax Bill)
Where Can I Pick Up An Application?
If you are eligible to participate in the Aging in Place Safely Grant Program, you can obtain an application one of two ways:
In-Person Pick Up:
- Bloomfield Senior Services, 330 Park Avenue, Bloomfield, CT 06002
- Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 1154 Blue Hills Avenue, Bloomfield, CT 06002
- First Cathedral, 1151 Blue Hills Avenue, Bloomfield, CT 06002
- Rehoboth Church of God, 1170 Blue Hills Avenue, Bloomfield, CT 06002